Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive Re 620 088 belonging to SBB Cargo.
• "Xrail" design
• Delicately-crafted pantographs
• With square lamps and air-conditioning system
• With off-centre "LINTHAL" crest
• Fine windshield wipers as etched parts
• Closed obstacle deflectors attached to the package
• With individually switchable headlight or tail light in digital mode
• Digitally switchable sound functions
With an hourly output of 7,850 kW and a top speed of 140 km/h, the Re 6/6, which was first put into operation in 1972, is still considered one of the strongest locomotives in Switzerland today. Today, all the remaining engines have been re-designated Re 620 and are operated in blue/red livery by SBB Cargo. The Re 620 088 was selected to bear the Xrail Allianz advertisement.
Xrail is a production cooperation between freight railways founded in 2010 with the aim of optimising European wagonload traffic in terms of customer-friendliness, efficiency and competitiveness. It currently consists of the seven freight railways SBB Cargo, CFL Cargo, DB Cargo, FRET SNCF, Green Cargo, Rail Cargo Group and LINEAS.