Product Features and Details
Prototype: As a further development of the 03, the class 03.10 was built starting in 1939. Due to the war, it was only built until 1941, of the planned 140, only 60 units were completed. In order to achieve higher speeds, by reducing air resistance, the class was given streamlined cowlings, with partial or full cowlings in the drive rods area. The latter did not prove successful for thermal reasons and were adapted to the partially streamlined locomotives as early as 1942. The maximum permissible speed was reduced from 150 to 140 km/h at the same time. After the Second World War II, the DB took over 26 locomotives, the DR 19 locomotives, nine machines went to Poland and three to the Soviet Union. Both German railroad companies removed the streamline fairings early on. Only for a short period of time (1950 to 1954) did three DB locomotives had the cab, boiler and cylinders painted in steel blue. This series also showed signs of signs of fatigue on the boilers. They were therefore replaced by Krupp. They were also fitted with new build tenders. Nevertheless, all of the DB's 03.10s were taken out of service and scrapped by September 1966. At the DR the locomotives were extensively reconstructed, including new boilers. The 03 1010 also received a new boiler in February 1959; it was one of two locomotives that were equipped with surface preheaters. In 1965, it was converted to an oil firing system, making it one of the most powerful locomotives of the time. In 1967, the RAW Meiningen, converted it back to coal firing. The 03.10s were used for high-quality express service and were in service until the end of the 1970s. Only locomotive 03 1010 of the DR has been preserved in working order until today. It is well known from many special trips and events as the last operational locomotive of its type.
Model: Precision model made of brass and stainless steel, high-performance motor, high-performance digital decoder with HDKM-16 sound module, wideband loudspeaker, Dynamic Smoke with dynamic steam whistle and independent cylinder steam, easy filling via chimney, servo-electronic reversing from forward to reverse, engine lighting, cab lighting, firebox lighting with simulated ember bed and servo driven opening firebox door, top light changing in direction of travel, warm light LED's, red train tail light switchable at tender (also simplified tail light) robust cardan drive with rolling and ball bearing mounted gear, drive and axles ball bearing mounted and spring loaded, wheel spoke assembly with prototypical elliptical spokes, compensating levers, spring buffers, movable water tank covers, movable driver's cab doors, detailed and multicolored cab with real wood floor, working sash locks and opening smoke box doors, sand dome that can be opened, movable lubrication pump drive, toolboxes can be opened, real crushed hard coal, finely reproduced lubrication lines, flexible and couplable brake hoses, screw couplers interchangeable with KM1 or claw couplers, prototypical paint scheme and lettering,
Minimum radius 1020 mm, length approx. 74.7 cm, weight approx. 6.5 kg.