Product Features and Details
- 5-pole motor with flywheel
- Power consumption across all axes
- Interface to NEM
- White change-over light
- Short coupling kinematics
- consideration of all design differences in detail
In 1934, the Deutsche Reichsbahn ordered four AEG and the BBC / KraussMaffei three C-coupled locomotives. The AEG locomotives differ visually from the BBC machines by the angular and flatter stems, were a little slower but with 725 kW more power. After delivery, the locomotives were stationed in Munich and Stuttgart. At DB the locomotives ran in Augsburg, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Munich and Stuttgart. In 1960/61, the locomotives were extensively modernized and received shunting platforms and additional windows as well as the red coating of DB. From 1976-79, the locomotives renamed from 1968 to BR 163 were sampled. The last locomotive is No. 163 002. E63 01 and E63 02 are still available as museum locomotives.