Product Features and Details
Diesel locomotive 2016 041 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
• With PluX22 interface and LED headlight
• Attached fold-out wing mirrors for various positioning
• Separately applied handrails, wipers and UIC-plugs
• Brake discs in contrasting colours
• Switchable headlight/tail light with DIP switch
In a similar way to the "Taurus" locomotives, the class 2016 also received a classical name: "Hercules", named after the hero in Greek mythology with his superhuman strength.
From 2002 and 2004, a total of 100 of these diesel-electric general-purpose locomotives were put into service by the ÖBB. The locomotive is not only able to pull multiple-unit trains, but is also suitable for reversible trains. The engine power output totals 2,000 kW and the top speed is 140 km/h. With an axle load of 20 tonnes, it can also be used on branch lines.