Product Features and Details
- Electric Locomotive BR 211 (Road no. 211 080-7)
- Luggage Car (Road no. 57 50 82-15 025-2)
- Dining Car WRg (Road no. 51 50 88-15 041-9)
- 2 x Passenger Coach Bmh (Road no. 50 50 21-12 062-9 / 50 50 21-12 063-7)
- Mail Car (Road no. 50 50 00-10 456-0)
All coaches without lighting and decoder.
Info about the original
In order to make daily journeys from the larger urban centres to the capital easier, the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) introduced a city express service to Berlin at the end of 1960. These connections, designed as through trains, had fewer stops compared to normal D trains, which resulted in shorter journey times. Each morning, the city express train – originally designated as the D 150, and from 1975 onwards as the D 1050 – travelled conveniently from Meiningen to Berlin-Schöneweide via Suhl, Erfurt, Weimar, Halle and Berlin-Schönefeld Airport. In the evening, passengers could complete the return journey to Meiningen aboard the D 1057. In both directions, the locomotives were switched from combustion traction (“V traction") to electric traction (“E traction") in Erfurt. Following the timetable change in May 1989, the designation for the city express service was dropped and the last remaining connections were absorbed into the DR’s normal service.