Product Features and Details
Protoype: From 1926 onwards, the 20-ton gravel car with self-unloading function, developed by the Talbot railway car factory in Aachen, was produced using riveted construction. In 1928, it underwent a revision based on the principles of interchangeable design. Its funnel-shaped container had a volume of 12.5 m3. For the precise distribution of gravel both within and outside the tracks, it featured three separately adjustable chutes on each side. These cars were used in track construction and were primarily classified as work cars (railway maintenance vehicles), some receiving the classification mark "Otm" in the Mainz district.
To this day, these short two-axle cars with their intriguing design are known as Talbot gravel cars.
Model: This is a handmade precision model made of brass, featuring spring-loaded buffers, ball-bearing and sprung axles, complete detailing of the undercarriage including the brake system, movable chutes, original screw couplings replaceable with KM1 double-hook couplings or claw couplings, prototype-correct profiled wheels on both sides, and authentic labeling. It has a minimum radius of 1020 mm, a length over buffers (LüP) of 21.5 cm, and weighs approximately 0.9 kg.