Product Features and Details
Steam locomotive 01 1518 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
Drive on two axles of the tender and via cardan shaft on all three powered axles of the locomotive.
- Model with auxiliary signage
- Model with coal tender,
- Delicately designed metal wheel sets
The Deutsche Reichsbahn feared that it would not be able to provide sufficient locomotives for the express trains due to the partly poor condition of the 01 series. Therefore the DR decided to redesign the class 01, which for the Reichsbahn also meant an improvement in performance and the elimination of technical problems, and it worked out brilliantly. The new welded boiler got a third safety valve, all boiler superstructures received guards, the driver's cab was modernised and the Witte wind deflectors were bevelled at the front. When the locomotives with coal firing were redrawn in 1970, they were classified as series 01.15. The last station of the 01 1518 locomotive was Saalfeld. It was taken out of service in May 1981.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 5
- Interior fitting - Driver's cab
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 419 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (analog) - Seuthe steam unit no. 10